Wednesday, January 9, 2008

the new year

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Time has a way of going by so quickly that I have neglected to keep my blog up. We are at an exciting time in our church as we begin the process of re-visioning our ministries. We will be focusing on our new mission statement and on our new vision statement. As we continue this process, we met as chairs of the various committees last night. As we began, I shared with them this scripture, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord (Jeremiah 29:11-14)."
I would encourage everyone to spend some time reflecting on this passage as we prepare to meet this Sunday to set goals for our committees. We need to remember that God truly wants us to prosper and to offer hope for the future. Paul in Romans states, "If God is for us, who can be against us." We as a church need to remember that God is for us. It is only in our own imperfections and sin that we separate ourselves from God's love and mercy. I am excited about what the future holds not only for our church but for our community as well. I would pray that we move forward remembering that it is only through God's blessing that we are able to do what we can.
If you are not a member of a committee, I would hope that you will keep the members in your prayers. Their names are posted on the web site www.springfieldmethodist.com. We will be also making a list of the goals that each committee comes up with and posting those. If you see something that you would like to help with please contact the chair of that committee.

No comments: