Tuesday, July 29, 2008

reflections on Jesus

I was cleaning my office and getting ready for this Sunday and was reviewing some of the old sermons that I kept a copy of. I came across a copy of quotes that I wanted to share with you. One was either something I heard though where I do not recall but in essence was the Jesus did not want to make a difference in the world but to make the world different. Somehow that was a powerful statement to me as I was preparing for the sermon this Sunday.
Reflect on this. It is about creating a new world that is what kingdom work is. This Sunday we will be looking at the scripture from Isaiah 55:1-5 and Matthew 14:13-21. The title of the sermon is "Don't send them away but feed them." Without going into what the sermon will be about, I believe it pairs up with the quote above. What are we doing to live our life is such a way as to make the world different. I want to share with you two other quotes. William Carey “Expect great things from God; Attempt great things for God.”
Teresa of Avila “Christ has no body on earth but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ’s compassion is to look out to the world. Yours are the feet with which he is to go about doing good. Yours are the hands with which he is to bless us now.”
Each of us becomes the body of Christ in this world. How are we acting as the image of Christ among each other and especially to those around us. When was the last time you reached out in love, compassion, and mercy to a stranger? Do you see the world as a world of limitations and scarcity or a world of unlimited posssibilities and abundance? The choice that we make is either to send them away or to feed them. Stay tuned.

No comments: