Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11

We are still digging out from the blizzard.  The last report that I heard was that we had about 12-15 inches of snow with winds gusting to 45 mph.  Church services were cancelled though I was able to phone into the radio station and do our worship service on the air at the regular time.

Friday and Saturday spent time with our Bishop Jones as he did a workshop on being bold, missional, and evangelical.  There was so much to what he had to say that struck a chord with me.  I hope that as we continue to grow in our willingness to be disciples, we can use what he presented as the stepping off point of whether or not we will be a social club or a missional outpost.  As he stated, "We need to make the main thing the main thing."

Also later this week I plan to post the information of the bible study at Ainsworth Bible Study on Facebook.  Stay tuned, keep warm, and most of all stay in love with God and neighbor.

No comments: