Saturday, March 5, 2016

Bible Study March 5 2016

Nancy had received from a good friend a pamphlet about reading the bible chronologically in a year. There are daily readings which would lead someone through the scriptures Genesis through Revelation. I know that I have in the past felt that these readings were not at all chronological but as I looked at the readings there is some sense to it. I also came across another list at Susanna Wesley UMC in Topeka that were the same. So Nancy and I decided what if we would do this together. With my busy schedule, we decided to take our time and really reflect on what we are reading. When I am out of town we could Skype and talk about what we read. So I thought what if others wanted to share their insights and to spend time in scripture. I know what a difference I have seen in my life and in the lives of others who have done comprehensive bible studies like Disciple. So I will try on Saturdays to write something up and post it on Facebook. It will also be on my blog.
So here goes. The first readings for the week will be Genesis 1-11. This is the pre-history of the Israelite's dealing with the creation of the world ending with it being very good. Chapter 3-7 being very bad. A new start and once again failing to do what God has commanded. So take time to read, make notes, notice images and words that speak to you, and most of all take your time.
Also Nancy and I have the NIV Journaling Bible. This bible leaves room on the sides to make notes or to color images. I may share what mine looks like next Saturday.
Blessings and Shalom

Eldon 

No comments: