Thursday, August 16, 2007

Prayer for today

I have been meditating by taking a Psalm and reading and journaling on it during the week. I have just started so I am only on the 3rd Psalm. I read that Psalm daily and try to choose a particular word or phrase that speaks to me. Next week will be the 4th Psalm.
It is interesting this week as I continue my Wednesday communion series on Healthy Spirituality we talked about anxiety and worry. Psalm 3 speaks to that. I also recently bought a book "Psalms for Praying: An Invitation to Wholeness," by Nan C. Merrill. I wanted today to share the prayer she had for Psalm 3. "O Beloved, how numerous are my fears! They rise up within me whispering there is no help for you.
Yet, You, O Beloved, radiate Love around me, my glory; gratitude becomes my song, When I cry out to You you answer within my heart.
I lie down to sleep; if I should awaken, My Beloved is there holding me with strength and tenderness. I feel secure. Now, I shall forgive all illusions that my ego tries to build. For my courage is in You, O Lover You who are the Lover hidden in every heart. (3)"

No comments: