Monday, August 22, 2011

Riches or the Cross

This week I will be preaching on Matthew 16:21-28.  Last Sunday I discussed the two questions Jesus asked the disciples.  The first was "What do others think about who I am?"  The second question was then more pointed asked to the disciples was "Who do you think I am?"  Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God."

This week I will continue to look at what that means when we claim that Jesus is our Lord and Messiah.  What do you think it means in your life?  Does it change the way you look at life?  Does it effect the choices you make?  And even with all of this should it make a difference?

What would you say about yourself and also how would you share with someone else?  Feel free to comment.  Come next week and let us reflect on this taking up one's cross.



No comments: