Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday musings

I have been working on my sermon and have it mostly researched. Now I need to write it and work on it. I keep having dreams about what I am supposed to say and what the Spirit is directing me to focus on. There are some things that I am excited about coming up. The first is the new bible study on the Psalms. I believe that it will be a great way to slow down my life and spend time reflecting on praying the Psalms. The other is working slowly and surely on the upcoming sermon series on family and the Bread of Life. I have the outlines done for both series and between keeping up with day to day events will be developing those themes.

As I am doing this, I also am looking at ways that we can continue to improve on our worship experiences. There have been some feedback which I greatly appreciate. Some will be incorporated and all will be appreciated. I believe that the Spirit is at work in the church. I need to be open to where it is leading me and us.

As we continue to work on these issues it is important that we continue to work on ways of being clearer about our communication. I especially need to make sure that I am clear so that it will prevent problems. My prayer is that we will continue to do so as a church as well. Part of helping with that is trying to celebrate more of what we have been doing. Not for our glory but for the glory of God. For what we do we do not do for ourselves but for the Kingdom.

No comments: