Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday

Sometimes it is amazing in the ways that I can not use my time effectively. I must admit that I have been caught up in the college world series this year especially with Arizona State and Texas. Both teams seem to have this ability to never give up and to come back just when it seems that the game is over. What is interesting is that LSU is also a team that doesn't give up. What was interesting is that all three teams though they have their stars played more like a team. There were players who were not as well known during the regular season who have shone in the series.

As I have been working on Sunday and what I want to say about our annual conference, I want to believe that our church (not just Springfield but the church in general) can learn about what it takes to play until the last out. Paul talks about the need to complete the race so that we can claim the crown of righteousness. What I bring back from our conference is the message that we do have to re-think church. Also that it is not just one person's responsibility or even one committee's responsibility but that it is each of us who need to come to the plate and to perform by sharing our story with others. It is also up to each of us to welcome and invite those that we meet into a relationship with Jesus.

No comments: