Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday morning

I am looking forward to spending time with my family this week and next. At the same time, I am trying to wrap up things here at the church. I am always amazed at how God can bless us in so many ways. Whether we call these blessings or miracles or even signs, God is there with us and for us. Even in the midst of our struggles and hurts and disappointments. I found the Spirit at work at a funeral that I did yesterday. I find the Spirit to be at work in my grand daughter. I find the Spirit to be at work in so many ways in my life if I would remember to focus on it. What happens to often for me is that I can get caught up in what I did not do or the negatives of my life. Sometimes I fret and worry about these so much I lose sight of the joy of the Spirit.

We often experience the highs and lows of life and feel that is normal. What we need to remember is that even in the roller coaster of our life God is with us. At our highest and at our lowest God is present. I continue to grow and to learn from times that I could have done better. What helps me to get in touch with the potential for growth is remembering to open my heart to God's Spirit.

No comments: