Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I wanted to write something earlier but due to the season it got away from me. I was home Thursday afternoon when Nancy called me and wanted me to come up to the library. There was a young man there who had been hiking the Mo-Pac trail and was looking for some place to stay the night. I want you to know that God has a way of helping me learn about pre-judging situations and people. I went expecting to see someone who was homeless. What I found was a young man who is a dedicated hiker who walks trails throughout the United States and makes documentaries of his travels. He is walking the America Discovery Trail that goes from the East coast in Delaware to Denver. He has hiked other trails and has his own website. Needless to say he was an interesting person to get to know. He wanted to find where the Mo-Pac met up as it stops around Louisville and one has to hike roads to find the start up. So we went on a road trip to find the place where it starts again. He spent the night at the church and Nancy and I took him out for breakfast.
He was interested in Springfield knowing us from our competition to be the home of the Simpsons. He went down to Springfield Drug and took some pictures. He also loved the Platte as we crossed over it. His name is Michael Daniels and his website is http://www.walkingwithfreedom.com/

1 comment:

John said...

On Michael's website, go to the blog and look at the you tube video referenced in the December 11th blog entry. It shows part of his trek through Ohio during the summer.