Thursday, December 13, 2007

updates

When I wrote about the people at Von Mahr I had not heard if the store was still paying their salaries. I have found out that they have continued to do so. For me, that speaks highly of the management of the stores and how they are responding and treating their employees and the families of those employees who have lost loved ones in this tragedy.
Another note Nancy and I went to the Trans Siberian Orchestra performance at the Qwest. I want you to know that it has been awhile since I have attended a concert like that. I enjoy their music as much or more than Mannheim as they do a Christmas Rock Opera with for me a very meaningful moral. They certainly put on a show with lasers, pyrotechnics, and multi-sensory (i. e. creating snow when talking about a snowing night in the city). I was impressed that after the story they continued to play and the concert lasted just short of 3 hours with no intermission or other bands.
What was impressive was that Z92 and TSO donated one dollar of every ticket sold to the Salvation Army. The cost of the tickets was quite reasonable in the first place. But they gave to our local Salvation Army over $10,000. If one has the opportunity to attend their concert and if you like rock music as well as jazz, it is worth the time and money.

No comments: