Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Love 2

Today the scripture on love comes from 1 John 4:7. "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God."
As I reflect on this season of love and love evident, this verse strikes me about this season. I had written in our newsletter that maybe one of the greatest gifts we could give one another is forgiveness. I believe that the only way we can offer that gift is if we love one another. The love that God shows us in Jesus Christ becomes for me the love that is all encompassing. Knowing that God's love has been extended to me allows me to share that love with others. According to 1 John, that can happen only because we are born of God and know God.
This season of love what are some of the ways that you can extend love to one another. Last Wednesday we talked about having a gentle spirit. In the hustle and bustle of this season, maybe one way we can be a messenger of love is through gentleness, kindness, patience, generosity, peace and most of all filled with joy.

No comments: