Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cross roads



Have you ever been at a point where you felt like you were at a cross roads in life. I know that I have and I have to say it is a difficult place to be. Uncertain as to which path one wants to go and which path God wants you to go. I have found that in those times God has placed people in my life or situations in my life that have helped me discern His will. I just need to remember to take time and remember to look for those times in my life and to listen and be observant to what is around me. I need to let go of the things that tend to drag me down seeing them not as negative but opportunities. One of the lectionary texts for next Sunday is Psalm 124 which starts "If it had not been for the Lord who was on our side" and how true that is. The psalm ends with "Our help is in the name of the Lord who made heaven and earth."
If you are at a cross roads or know someone who is, take time to remember that God is at our side and is our help no matter where we are. As Paul says, "If God is for us who can stand against us."

No comments: