Thursday, March 5, 2009

I have been spending time reading others blogs mostly photographers. It is amazing when one can appreciate the artistic talent of others. I am amazed at how they are able to do what they do. I want to thank them for bringing in beauty in this world.

We all need a moment of beauty in our lives. Something that strikes at our very core. One can find that in certain novels, music, art, and photos (which by the way are art also). There have been many times that a certain song or poem will strike me and for the moment I quiet myself. I no longer find myself caught up in the world around me. I often state that those times are my God moments when God speaks to me through others. I am able to find within me a calmness and a connectedness to creation.

After all that has gone on this week, I need to find those moments of connection. Times that I can let go and take time to be with God. Those are the times that it is so important to be able to say to someone that you love, how much you appreciate all they have done for you. It is also time to let go of the hurts that you feel others have caused you. It is at those times that I need to turn to God and allow His Will to dominate me. Lent is that time to stay a moment with God and to pray for God's Will in our lives.

No comments: