Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trust

I have a better appreciation of the adage in trusting in the Lord. Sometimes it is easy to take things for granted and not pay attention to what is happening. Lately my wife and I have been praying about where we are in many areas of our life. I feel that in most areas we are doing well but there are a couple of concerns that we are now turning over to the Lord. As we have done that and as we talk to knowledgeable people we are gaining advice as to how to address these issues.
Part of my focusing on scripture especially with the group of men that I meet with, we are studying Proverbs. One of the proverbs that I studied today comes from chapter 15:22.
"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. TNIV"
Sometimes I get in the mindset that somehow I need to resolve all the problems myself and not look to seeking wisdom from others. Even though I know how idiotic that is there is still some of that stubbornness. Thank God that He comes to hit me upside the head once in awhile. When I surrender, I find that I have great relief and better understanding. Plans fail also with the lack of vision and willingness to face the reality of situations no matter what those situations might be. Also in Chapter 15 there are a number of Proverbs that speak of discipline and employing discipline in our lives. We are can benefit from remembering the spiritual disciplines that help strengthen our lives and provide for us.
So may God guide you in whatever you are facing and seek out the help of others. That is why it is important to be part of a community.

No comments: